The Opportunity to be a Changemaker …
We are seeking a Senior Advisor, Child & Adult Safeguarding to join our team at World Vision Australia on a full-time basis. This role exists to provide World Vision Australia with management, advice and effective training and implementation of the World Vision International Child & Adult Safeguarding Management Policy.
The Senior Advisor provides subject matter expertise and manages the day to day activities of the Safeguarding Unit for World Vision Australia by;
- Policy Management, Monitoring, Implementation & Advice
- Building Capacity & Awareness throughout the organisation
- Managing Safeguarding Incidents & Reporting
- Training & Communication
Who we are looking for…
We are looking for someone with a broad understanding of Safeguarding in the international NGO setting who has experience in building a culture of safeguarding and achieving organisational compliance through policy advice, capacity building and training for a range of audiences.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills including proven experience of influencing decision makers at all levels to bring people on the journey when it comes to the awareness and implementation of safeguarding standards.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding issues, best practice and regulatory framework
- The ability to represent organisation in matters relating to safeguarding in sector
- Ability to analyse issues from difference perspectives to draw sound inferences from facts
- Excellent report writing ability and the ability to design and deliver Safeguarding and Child Safe Organisation training for a range of staff teams across business and region
- Sound experience in regulatory compliance, incident reporting and investigation management
What you need to know…
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
World Vision Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
Why you should apply…
A career with World Vision Australia is an opportunity to join a sector-leading humanitarian aid organisation and a team of purpose-driven and diverse professionals who are each committed to our mission: the fight against global poverty and its causes.
Aside from the opportunity for broad and life-changing impact in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable, some of our other benefits include:
- Access to professional development programs that include on-the-job learning, e-learning, workshops, forums, leadership development and internal mobility.
- Policies that may accommodate flexible working and other working arrangements to tailor and encourage individual performance.
- An opportunity to shape an already market leading organisation to achieve even greater impact
- A highly engaged team culture that is dynamic, growing in agility and pace, and committed to serve beyond the call of duty.
- A culture that encourages truth telling with grace that confronts challenges and issues to clear teams for success in a timely fashion
Why World Vision…
World Vision is a global community, working together for the one purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children.
People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
With us, job satisfaction takes on a greater meaning. We have over 50,000 dedicated and passionate staff and volunteers, 10 million committed supporters who are changing lives and 100 million people as a part of World Vision’s supported communities.
note –The role location is flexible across all Australian states with flexibility to work from home. This role requires some domestic and possible international travel.
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan