The Opportunity to be a Changemaker
Reporting to the Grants Acquisition Manager, we are seeking a Grants Acquisition and Design Specialist to lead the pursuit of prioritised funding opportunities to drive growth in World Vision’s impact, influence and income.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- building and maintaining close relationships with country office counterparts,
- actively supporting donor pre-positioning and business development efforts, and
- leading the process of designing high-quality and innovative concepts, program designs, proposals and tender responses.
The most frequent areas of sectoral focus are in alignment with World Vision Australia’s technical strengths in Resilience and Livelihoods – food security and nutrition, economic development, DRR, natural resource management and climate change adaptation, often with cross-cutting themes of gender, disability, governance and peacebuilding.
A typical day requires close collaboration across World Vision Australia technical sector specialist teams and program management, the global World Vision International structure, particularly with country office colleagues, and with external partners, stakeholders, and donors.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Grants acquisition (writing and development), program design and/or business development experience in multilateral or international organisations, NGOs or international development sections of major engineering/consulting firms
- Experience working in developing country contexts;
- Experience partnering with government, multilateral and other institutional donors
- Postgraduate qualifications, or equivalent experience, in a relevant discipline, e.g. International Development, Economics, Public Health, Evaluation
- Understanding of key challenges in international development, and appreciation of community-led development approaches.
- Understanding of the international aid landscape and key donors
What you need to know…
This role is a permanent contract operating in a full-time capacity. The location could be based at our head office in Burwood East, Victoria or in another state.
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
World Vision Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
Why World Vision…
World Vision is a global community, working together for the one purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
With us, job satisfaction takes on a greater meaning. We have over 50,000 dedicated and passionate staff and volunteers, 10 million committed supporters who are changing lives and 100 million people as a part of World Vision’s supported communities.
When it comes to our people, as an organisation we embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds.
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan