The Opportunity to be a Changemaker
Due to an internal promotion, we are seeking a Country Impact Manager – Papua New Guinea to lead WVA’s relationship with a WV National Office/s (NOs), including overseeing the management of the full portfolio of projects within that office that are funded through WVA.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Portfolio Leadership of all projects/programs under management:
- Strategic engagement with WV NOs and implementation partners, including design, evaluation, stand-up and quality review of projects, as appropriate
- Ensure portfolio is managed to the highest quality, establishing a platform for enhanced engagement with institutional donors, Partner agencies, Corporates, individual supporters and Major Donors
- Support WVA acquisition of institutional and non-institutional grants as a key contributor
- Collaboration with key internal stakeholders including Field Impact, Marketing, Private Funding and Retail to contribute to delivery of Enterprise Business Plan, to coordinate engagement with National Offices and be called on for technical support.
- Contribution to the development and refinement of key grant and project management processes, tools and resources, including, as appropriate, for the Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP) portfolio.
- Lead any Category III emergency within the assigned region
- Ensure portfolio is fully compliant with donor and WV policies concerning Safeguarding, Anti-Terrorism, Fraud and Environmental protection as applicable.
- Relationships: trusted relationships are held with relevant field partners, regional offices and technical support teams across the Partnership
- Quality and Timely Reporting:
- Regular field and desk-based monitoring of field programs as well as narrative and financial reporting, with accountability for following up with NOs to address issues and build capacity as required
- Timely and quality submission of all internal and external reporting relevant to the portfolio
- Cross functional engagement to support WVA strategic priorities: the role will be required to build collaborative relationships across WVA and engage and support several internal and external stakeholders to support WVA’s evolution as an Impact Business.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Community Development, International Relations/International Development, Public Health or a relevant technical field/experience
- Program/Portfolio grant management experience, with skills in managing complex grants, risk management, quality assurance, stakeholder management and reporting.
- Process oriented and attention to detail, with a strong focus on adherence to donor and WV requirements
- Experience in training, resource development and capacity building
- Experience in working in the Pacific is desirable
- Knowledge of DFAT and the requirements of the ANCP Program is helpful
What you need to know
This role is a permanent position operating in a full-time capacity and will be based at our head office in Burwood East, Victoria.
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
World Vision Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
Why World Vision
World Vision is a global community, working together for the one purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
With us, job satisfaction takes on a greater meaning. We have over 50,000 dedicated and passionate staff and volunteers, 10 million committed supporters who are changing lives and 100 million people as a part of World Vision’s supported communities.
When it comes to our people, as an organisation we embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds.
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan