We are seeking an Impact Evidence Specialist to join our team at World Vision Australia (WVA) in a fixed term contract until April 2022. Reporting to the Impact Evidence Building Manager, you will work with marketing, private funding, field impact in educating and influencing on the core offerings of WVA.
Your core duties will involve connecting WVA field work to strategic marketing offers and highlight critical achievements in our field programs. This is a key role in driving future direction of WVA offerings to ensure their longevity. The role will also support the Evidence Team in strengthening WVA’s evidence base through a consistent measurement approach in designs, baselines, monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
Your day to day activities will include:
- Work with Head of Impact Hub & Strategy, WVA Corporate Strategy team, technical staff and other relevant WVA and World Vision International (WVI) stakeholders and lead the development of an appropriate baseline, progress tracking and measurement framework for reporting impact at scale that is in line with WVA strategy and WVI Field Office strategy and programs
- Support the Manager Evidence Building, Head of Impact Hub & Strategy and Chief of Field Impact to support WVI in developing Partnership Impact Goals and demonstrate WV’s collective impact.
- Strengthen cross-organisational networks to ensure collaboration for achieving impact at scale reporting, Lead the development of measurement and evaluation framework for WVA 2030 Collective offer and lead Field Impact’s 2030 Collective working groups to support the successful
ly delivery of 2030 Collective
- Contribute to training Private Funding Relationship Managers and staff about systems/ programming approaches underpinning the 2030 Collective.
- Develop a body of evidence around Impact at Scale reporting for internal and external use
- Support other campaigns, products and initiatives that emerge from WVA Corporate Strategy, connecting field programming evidence of impact to enable WVA to demonstrate a credible account of change
- Engage with the World Vision partnership to support the impact agenda (this may involve out of hours calls/engagement).
- Support Impact Hub & Strategy colleagues in developing new systems and ways of working to demonstrate impact.
Who we are looking for…
As a storyteller for impact, you will have sound written and verbal communication skills with the ability to highlight critical achievements in our field programs for a range of audiences. You will have sound stakeholder management skills with the ability to engage, influence and collaborate across all levels of the organisation.
Your skills and experience will include:
- High level understanding of and experience with monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Ability to interpret and analyse both qualitative and quantitative program data and draw appropriate conclusions
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as International Development, Evaluation, Research or an associated technical discipline
- Deep understanding of the international development context and issues, but also understanding of Australian market needs and demand for greater evidence of impact
- Experience with complex change theories, outcome mapping and social change evaluation methodologies.
- Understanding emerging models of partnering between NGOs and government/international organisations
- Strong project management experience coupled with complex data analysis and management
What you need to know:
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
World Vision Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
Why World Vision…
World Vision is a global community, working together for the one purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow. As a global Christian humanitarian organisation, we provide short-term and long-term assistance and have impacted the lives of over 200 million vulnerable children and people worldwide. With approximately 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision has been engaging people to work towards eliminating poverty and its causes for almost 7 decades.
World Vision Australia delivers life changing impact because we are community-led, child-focused and inspired by our Christian faith.
When it comes to our people, as an organisation we embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds.