The Opportunity to be a Changemaker
At World Vision Australia, our Fundraising Promoters are a major part of our amazing frontline workforce who inspire everyday Australians to take action and make a difference in the lives of children affected by poverty.
How you can make a difference:
Being a promoter requires compassion, resilience and commitment. You can make a huge impact by:
- Initiating conversations and building rapport with the public
- Having the ability and resilience to achieve personal fundraising targets
- Being open to learn and continuously improve your skills and knowledge via training and ongoing coaching
Who we are looking for:
You are a confident communicator and are passionate about being a voice for the world’s most vulnerable children. You feel comfortable engaging with a high volume of people from all walks of life and inspiring them to pledge their support.
- Ideally you will have experience working in retail, hospitality, sales or customer service in a face to face role (but we love to hear of people who have worked in face to face roles from all areas!)
- You may just be seeking a few casual shifts across the week, or additional casual hours as a side role
- You’re able to influence others using compelling stories of what we do at World Vision Australia
- You can work across Monday to Friday and potentially Saturdays
- You are goal focused and love the challenge of achieving daily pledge targets
- You love the idea of making a difference and helping people
Why you should apply…
- To make a difference in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable people
- Be a part of a warm and welcoming professional team culture genuinely committed to one common goal
- Receive comprehensive, paid on-the-job training and a competitive hourly rate ($26.96 incl. loading + super + penalty rates)
- Opportunities for career progression, reward, and recognition program
- You'll be supported by a knowledgeable and caring Team Leader
What you need to know…
You will be required to work across Metro Brisbane shopping centres. Some examples of centre’s are Chermside, Carindale, Indooroopilly and Sunnybank Plaza.
We have limited spaces, and interviews will start immediately; the role may be filled before the closing date. Please apply now via the link below with your current CV including the details of 2 referees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children Check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
Why World Vision…
World Vision is a global community, working together for the one purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow. As a global Christian humanitarian organisation, we provide short-term and long-term assistance and have impacted the lives of over 200 million vulnerable children and people worldwide. With approximately 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision has been engaging people to work towards eliminating poverty and its causes for almost 7 decades.
World Vision Australia delivers life changing impact because we are community-led, child-focused and inspired by our Christian faith.
When it comes to our people, as an organisation we embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds.
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan