The Opportunity to be a Changemaker
At World Vision Australia, our Fundraising Promoters are in a class of their own. Join our in-house team on a Casual basis and play a key role in inspiring Australians to take action and make a difference in the lives of children affected by poverty.
Some of the Key Accountabilities include:
- Initiate conversations, build rapport with the public
- Excel in a fast-paced role
- Resilience & ability to achieve personal fundraising targets (Sales & Quality)
- Open to learn & continuously improve your skills & knowledge via training/ongoing coaching
Who we are looking for..
As a confident communicator, you are passionate about being a voice for the world’s most vulnerable children. You understand the need for urgent action and utilise your charisma to engage with a high volume of people from all walks of life to inspire them to pledge their support.
- Ideally you will have proven experience working in fundraising, Face to Face retail, or sales
- Strong self-confidence & motivation skills enabling you to engage with members of the general public
- Competitive, goal focused & driven to achieve daily pledge targets
- Ability to influence others
- Available for shifts of 5 hours, up to 30 hours per week
Why you should apply…
Aside from the opportunity for a broad and life-changing impact in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable, some of our other benefits include:
- Paid on-the-job training and a competitive hourly rate ($27.64 incl. loading + super + penalty rates)
- Opportunities for career progression, reward, and recognition program
- Being part of a high performing team and a professional culture genuinely committed to one common goal and inspiring each other to achieve.
What you need to know…
You will be required to work across Metro Brisbane shopping centres. Some examples of centre’s are Chermside, Carindale, Indooroopilly and Sunnybank Plaza.
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. World Vision Australia participates in the Inter-Agency Scheme for the Disclosure of Safeguarding-related Misconduct in Recruitment Process within the Humanitarian and Development Sector.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan