The role of the Senior Impact Data Insights Analyst is a key role for World Vision Australia in bridging the gap between the technical expertise of the international development and humanitarian sector and the disciplines of data science and statistics.
Reporting to the Impact Data Analytics and Insights Manager, your core responsibilities will include correlating and draw meaningful insights from information structured and unstructured data sets and evidence available through (WVA’s) available reports and project design documents. You will also present this information to stakeholders and supporters, portraying a cohesive and credible story of impact at scale.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- With a strong blend of technical and business skills, you will have a firm understanding of relational databases and analytical methods with the ability to convert analytical findings into meaningful and actionable insights for a variety of audiences.
- Communicate insights in a language that can be easily understood by stakeholders and present through informative and attractive visuals (Power BI visuals, presentations, infographics), portraying a cohesive and credible story of impact at scale.
- Understand existing structured and unstructured data sets, business context and what organisational problems need to be solved and why
- Appropriately frame questions and understand how the result of your work will show impact and deliver a credible account of change to the rest of the organisation and market
- Analyse information using computerised statistical/data analysis techniques and developing sophisticated models that support the organisational requirements
- Identify, prepare, analyse and present data using computerised technology
Your skills and experience will include:
- Strong ability to view data at both the micro and macro level and skilfully manipulate and analyse datasets
- Ability to understand and communicate the implications of what the data is saying and why it is significant at a program, sector, or organisational level.
- Demonstrated SQL knowledge (for data extraction and manipulation)
- Solid software development skills in R (preferred) and/or Python
- Demonstrated experience in creating R visuals in Power BI
- Strong hands-on experience in a data and analytics translator or data insights role
- Tertiary qualifications or above in Mathematics/Statistics, Science, Engineering, Economics, Information Management, Business Analytics, Communications, International Development or Humanitarian Studies
What you need to know…
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
World Vision Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
Why World Vision…
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
World Vision is a global community, working together for the one purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow. As a global Christian humanitarian organisation, we provide short-term and long-term assistance and have impacted the lives of over 200 million vulnerable children and people worldwide. With approximately 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision has been engaging people to work towards eliminating poverty and its causes for almost 7 decades.
World Vision Australia delivers life changing impact because we are community-led, child-focused and inspired by our Christian faith.
When it comes to our people, as an organisation we embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds.
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan