As Product Owner for World Vision Australia (WVA), you will be the bridge between the Digital Delivery Team and the wider organisation. Acting as the “voice of the supporter”, you will ensure the execution of the digital strategy and roadmap is aligned to the strategic vision and adds genuine value to our supporters. This enables us to support our mission of empowering Australians to create meaningful change for the world’s most vulnerable children and adults.
Working closely with the Head of Digital Delivery, the Digital Business Analyst and the wider organisation, this role will see you provide digital product ownership to a cross-functional delivery team that manages all digital assets within World Vision Australia. Using your vast digital knowledge and experience, you will work closely with business partners to understand their goals and objectives and translate these into actional tasks for the delivery team to action.
This is a hands-on role that requires collaboration, contribution and facilitation with the development and product teams.
In addition to this you will:
- Contribute to the overall vision and strategy for our digital landscape. You will help shape the epics, features, and user stories and work closely with the Digital Business Analyst to groom these deliverables into actionable tasks.
- Ensure alignment of digital strategy between all supporter touchpoints; our supporters should have a seamless and consistent end-to-end experience regardless of where or how they interact with World Vision Australia.
- Work closely with the UX and Experience team to ensure application of best-in-market and modern UI/UX principles.
- Work with stakeholders to plan and prioritize the backlog, ensuring future changes align with the organisation’s goals and vision.
- Champion the use of Agile frameworks and ceremonies.
- Use a data and insight-driven approach for all decision making.
- Be an ambassador for the digital channel by engaging stakeholders, showcasing progress, sharing insights, and communicating future changes to the wider organisation.
- Monitor, identify and suggest optimisations and growth opportunities within our digital channel.
Who we’re looking for
As the successful applicant, you will have a breadth of capabilities, including a strong service approach towards all stakeholders and experience in working with agile methodologies.
In addition, you will:
- Have a breadth of experience as a Product Owner in a senior capacity in a complex organisation.
- Be a clear and confident communicator who can influence and manage a range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Possess a strong understanding of the digital eco-system, including digital technology, e-commerce, marketing and analytics.
- Have experience digital analytics experience using tools such as Google Analytics.
- Strong Agile methodology and framework knowledge and experience.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to establish other’s needs, concerns, feelings, expectations, and motivations.
- Be able to adapt communication style to make the complex simple.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box
- Have a tolerance for ambiguity and experience operating in a fast-paced environment.
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan