As the Power BI Analyst for World Vision Australia (WVA), you will direct and engage in the design, development and implementation of reporting requirements as part of the WVA CRM Project, enabling us to support our mission of empowering Australians to create meaningful change for the world’s most vulnerable children and adults.
You will have responsibility to provide Database Management Systems, database and BI solution design, guidance and support to the CRM project, as well as the ongoing engagement in activities across the whole application lifecycle. The role will liaise with key business stakeholders with respect to requirements relating to finance reports and agree on priorities and timeframes to development and implement the reports,
This position is for a fixed term period until end of September 2022 operating in a full-time capacity and will be based at our head office in Burwood East, Vic.
Some of your key accountability areas include:
- Stakeholder management – You will partner with, and influence, key stakeholders at all levels across the business, gathering requirements, developing recommendations and communicating agreed outcomes
- Project governance – you will adhere to the chosen project management and governance approach for each project by championing the project delivery practices that lead to the production of high-quality solutions.
- Planning and analysis – You will be responsible for determining the need, understand the issue(s), recognise a solution and plan its implementation
Who we’re looking for
As the successful applicant, you will have a breadth of capabilities, including a strong service approach towards all stakeholders.
You will also have:
- Microsoft Power BI reporting and SQL development skills
- High level conceptual and analytical skills with the capacity to develop solutions for a range of complex issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to deliver consultations and presentations at a senior level
- Enthusiasm, creativity and outstanding interpersonal skills coupled with excellent communication skills: listening, understanding and persuading
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Proven experience in database and data warehouse using the Microsoft suite of Power BI development tools including SQL Server, SharePoint and Excel Services
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent demonstrated experience
- An understanding of project delivery methodologies and previous project experience
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan