As the Senior ELT Analyst/Modeller/Developer for World Vision Australia (WVA), you will provide specialist analysis and data modelling/development skills to facilitate the successful ETL and data consolidation design, and development for the CRM project, enabling us to support our mission of empowering Australians to create meaningful change for the world’s most vulnerable children and adults. You will achieve this by working with internal and external technical and business stakeholders to analyse, design and maintain the WVA Data Warehouse structures and ETL processes.
In particular, you will have responsibility the successful implementation of the logical and physical data models for the WVA Data Warehouse, the oversight and development of the ETL designs and development of the ETL processes to translate that data from the source core systems into the WVA Data Warehouse.
This position operate for a fixed term period until end of September 2022 operating in a full-time capacity and will be based at our head office in Burwood East, Vic.
Some of your key accountability areas include:
- This is a highly technical position with responsibility to lead the development, validation, publishing, and maintenance of logical and physical data models and ETL designs and development required to support the existing independent data stores into the existing WVA Data Warehouse.
- Oversight and involvement in developing and maintaining ETL designs to support the development team as they develop the ETL solutions to implement any new integrations.
- Develop positive and sustaining relationships with team members and key stakeholders, particularly Data Owners, Product Managers and Product Owners and provide regular progress updates as agreed.
- Leading and facilitating design workshops with stakeholders to create and develop conceptual and logical data models and ETL designs, running planning sessions, breaking work into logical units, clarifying requirements, estimating work and settings timeframes
- Engaging with customers and Data / Product Owners to ensure work is delivered to agreed objectives
Who we’re looking for
As the successful applicant, you will have a breadth of capabilities, including a strong service approach towards all stakeholders.
You will also have:
- An understanding of project delivery methodologies and previous project experience
- Resilience, self-motivation and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Experience with data warehouse as data architect or data modeller
- Experience with data modelling - relational model and/or data vault
- Experience in data profiling and ETL design
- Experience with SQL Server and MDS
- Considerable experience working within cross-functional teams
- Deep understanding of the source and target systems using the WVA Data Warehouse and how that data is transformed between the systems
- Tertiary qualified – Degree-level business/computer science/engineering/software qualifications
- Enthusiasm, creativity and outstanding interpersonal skills coupled with excellent communication skills: listening, understanding and persuading
- Resilience, Self-motivation and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work. We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan