In addition to this you will be responsible for;
• The implementation of World Vision’s data privacy strategy
• Conducting due diligence across relevant third-party vendors to ensure Australian Privacy Act standards are met
• Manage privacy risks on org wide risk register and implement and manage breach response for WVA, and manage responses with OAIC as required
• Continue to uplift org wide knowledge on Australian privacy regulation and impacts including the facilitation education of WVA staff in privacy fundamentals
• Managing the cross functional working group (privacy council) and ensure ongoing delivery of privacy knowledge across the organisation and work with the business to ensure privacy by design is embedded across relevant business initiatives involving personal information
• Ongoing management of the flow and storage of personal data, internally & externally
• Develop reporting capability and operating rhythm for senior exec meetings
Who we’re looking for
As the successful applicant, you will have a breadth of capabilities, including a strong service approach towards all stakeholders and experience in working in an agile and responsive manner.
• Technical knowledge of Australian Privacy Principles, Notifiable Data Breach process
• Exceptional Project Management and Stakeholder Management capability
• Excellent verbal and written Communication capability to stakeholders of all levels of business operation
• Preferred experience within a Privacy Management role with a knowledge of privacy regulations and the relevant privacy institutes (Australian Privacy Principles, Notifiable Data Breach process), An ability to continually motivate, encourage & lead a cross functional team
• Tertiary qualifications in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Business or similar
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support, and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development, and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible work arrangements, free-onsite parking and an onsite café.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan