We have a rare opportunity for a Environmental Advisor to join World Vision Australia’s (WVA’s) high performing field programme team. You will be responsible for providing a range of services that support the integration of environmental safeguarding into field programming, predominantly for WVA’s Australian NGO Cooperation Partnership (ANCP) Program.
This role contributes to the achievement of impact and supports WVA’s donors and Field Offices’ to deliver change, particularly to ensure that WVA delivers environmentally safe impact for the most vulnerable individuals in line with enterprise policies and sustainability business practices. The role engages across the organisation and provides technical and advisory support, input into strategy development, grant acquisition, program learning and evidence building, and undertakes DFAT and external sector engagement.
Your role plays an integral part in the organisation, enabling us to support our mission of empowering Australians to create meaningful change for the world’s most vulnerable children and adults.
Your areas of responsibility will include:
- Co-ordinate and consolidate environmental safeguarding outcomes across ANCP projects to demonstrate improvement in living standards and wellbeing in communities in developing countries, in alignment with DFAT priorities
- Strengthen in-country partner capacity to integrate environmental safeguarding to enhance outcomes for the most vulnerable communities
- Strengthen WVA knowledge, skills, and capacity, empowering our teams to action good practice principles and sector trends into ANCP and other projects
- Develop and disseminate environmental safeguarding tools, standards, and guidance documents
- Support the design and stand-up of new projects in consultation with Evidence Building Advisors and Country Impact Managers
- Manage and revise WVA’s policies on environmental safeguarding, oversee the cross-enterprise Environment and Climate Change Working Group to implement policies and report on progress towards improving environmental sustainability
- Lead WVA’s thought-leader work in environmental safeguarding by participating in and engaging with DFAT, ANCP sector and WVI Working Groups including providing learnings from ANCP programming
Who we’re looking for
- Technical qualifications in a relevant field, preferably environmental management / environmental science
- Experience in undertaking environmental safeguard and impact risk assessments
- Ability to communicate evaluations and reports that influence stakeholders
- People-centered mentoring attitude with a focus on building long-term capabilities and capacities.
- Influencing and negotiation skills, including relationship management with donors and colleagues
- Training, resource development and capacity building expertise.
- Ability to design, implementation, monitoring and evaluate environmental safeguarding programmes
- Understanding of strategies and priorities of DFAT and the requirements of the Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP) desirable.
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan