We have a rare opportunity for a Gender Equality Advisor to join World Vision Australia’s (WVA’s) high performing field programme team. You will be responsible for providing a range of services that support the implementation of quality gender equality programming, predominantly for WVA’s Australian NGO Cooperation Partnership (ANCP) Program.
This role contributes to the achievement of impact and supports WVA’s donors and Field Offices’ to deliver change, particularly ensuring that girls and women engage and benefit from ANCP programmes. The role engages across the organisation and provides technical and advisory support and input into strategy development and grant acquisition, program learning and evidence building, and undertakes DFAT and external sector engagement.
Your role plays an integral part in the organisation, enabling us to support our mission of empowering Australians to create meaningful change for the world’s most vulnerable children and adults.
Your areas of responsibility will include:
- Co-ordinate and consolidate gender equality outcomes across ANCP projects to demonstrate improvement in living standards and wellbeing in communities in developing countries, in alignment with DFAT priorities
- Strengthen in-country partner capacity to deliver gender-responsive practices across the project cycle and engage and guild the agency of girls and women
- Strengthen WVA knowledge, skills, and capacity to action good practice principles and sector trends into ANCP and other projects
- Develop and disseminate gender equality/GESI related tools and guidance documents, including ANCP gender equality/GESI guidance
- Support the design and stand-up of new projects in consultation with Evidence Building Advisors and Country Impact Managers, including planning of gender/GESI assessments
- Support efforts toward implementation of WV global gender equality initiatives through relevant gender equality working groups. This includes reporting progress to Executive Leadership and engaging with WVA Gender Equality Working Group and WVI Gender Equality Leadership Team
- Demonstrate, and advocate for, WVA as a thought-leader in gender equality by participating in and engaging with DFAT, ANCP sector and WVI Working Groups including providing learnings from ANCP programming
Who we are looking for…
- Technical qualifications in gender, women’s studies, social sciences, international development, or other development-related fields
- A minimum of five years’ experience focused on providing technical support around gender equality, women’s empowerment and women’s rights issues to programming in developing and/or fragile contexts, including the communication of results
- People-centred coaching or mentoring attitude with a focus on building long-term capabilities and capacities.
- Training, resource development and capacity building.
- Influencing and negotiation skills, including relationship management with donors. senior managers, DFAT and ANCP partners
- Experience in supporting and delivering gender-responsive monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of gender strategies and priorities of DFAT and/or other international organisations and the requirements of ANCP is desirable.
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan