This unique opportunity as Knowledge Management Specialist will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to drive and improve the accessibility, visibility, and transparency of field evidence and technical key learnings from the World Vision field work. In this role you will get an opportunity to lead a culture of knowledge sharing and systematic learning across World Vision Australia.
You will join a well-established team and continue to play a key role in supporting the journey in the delivery of service excellence across all our channels. As a successful candidate you will actively strengthen cross-organisational networks and engage stakeholders to ensure collaboration for achieving impact at scale.
The main purpose of this role is:
- to translate evidence available through World Vision (WV)’s situation reports, annual and semi-annual reports, project design documents, monitoring and evaluation reports and summarise it through informative briefs that are used to report impact back to donors and
- to lead, design, build and maintain the Field Impact knowledge management platform (Field Impact Information Hub) and provide training and support in the use the Field Impact Information Hub
In addition to this you will:
- Enhance the communication with internal stakeholders and amplify World Vision field voices for media, advocacy, and policy work.
- Work closely with Impact Fulfilment, Content and Communication teams to ensure evidence coming out of field reports is fit for purpose and is being fully utilised for increased supporter acquisition and retention
- Initiate and maintain engaging and collaborative working relationship with the Evidence Building team, Country Impact Managers, Technical Specialists, Marketing stakeholders and Private Funding Relationship Managers to establish clear business principles and reporting timelines for successful product deliverables
- Ensure the knowledge platform leads to better linkages between products and fieldwork for increased understanding of development goals and outcomes
- Responsible for translating evidence available through World Vision’s situation reports, annual and semi-annual reports.
- Support Marketing Team to develop product offerings, national campaigns and report backs to donors.
Who we’re looking for
As the successful applicant, you will have a breadth of capabilities including enthusiasm, creativity and outstanding interpersonal skills.
In addition to this we are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in evidence-based programming and understanding of knowledge management principles and methodologies
- Experience working with knowledge management platforms alongside managing large document libraries and integrating other MS Cloud services
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including technical and report writing skills
- Relevant experience in taking evidence from raw state to being curated and turned into products for internal and external use.
- Demonstrated ability to proof-read and validate copy decks on-demand
- Experience with using data reporting tools and platform
- Understanding of the international development context and issues including Australian market needs and demand for greater evidence of impact.
- Tertiary qualification or above on International Development and Humanitarian Studies (preferred) or Communication, Social Science, Economics, Marketing
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan