We are seeking an Impact Evidence Advisor to join our team at World Vision Australia (WVA) in a contract role until April 2022 (possibly extended). Reporting to the Impact Evidence Building Manager, you will work with marketing, private funding, field impact in educating and influencing on the core offerings of WVA.
Your core duties will involve connecting WVA field work to strategic marketing offers and highlight critical achievements in our field programs. This is a key role in driving future direction of WVA offerings to ensure their longevity. The role will also support the Evidence Team in strengthening WVA’s evidence base through a consistent measurement approach in designs, baselines, monitoring and evaluation (M&E). Your role plays an integral part in the organisation, enabling us to support our mission of empowering Australians to create meaningful change for the world’s most vulnerable children and adults.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Work with Head of Impact Hub & Strategy, WVA Corporate Strategy team, technical staff and other relevant WVA and World Vision International (WVI) stakeholders and lead the development of an appropriate baseline, progress tracking and measurement framework for reporting impact at scale that is in line with WVA strategy and WVI Field Office strategy and programs
- Support the Manager Evidence Building, Head of Impact Hub & Strategy and Chief of Field Impact to support WVI in developing Partnership Impact Goals and demonstrate WV’s collective impact
- Strengthen cross-organisational networks to ensure collaboration for achieving impact at scale reporting, Lead the development of measurement and evaluation framework for WVA 2030 Collective offer and lead Field Impact’s 2030 Collective working groups to support the successfully delivery of 2030 Collective
- Contribute to training Private Funding Relationship Managers and staff about systems/ programming approaches underpinning the 2030 Collective
- Develop a body of evidence around Impact at Scale reporting for internal and external use
- Support other campaigns, products and initiatives that emerge from WVA Corporate Strategy, connecting field programming evidence of impact to enable WVA to demonstrate a credible account of change
- Engage with the World Vision partnership to support the impact agenda (this may involve out of hours calls/engagement).
- Support Impact Hub & Strategy colleagues in developing new systems and ways of working to demonstrate impact.
Who we are looking for…
As a storyteller for impact, you will have sound written and verbal communication skills with the ability to highlight critical achievements in our field programs for a range of audiences. You will have sound stakeholder management skills with the ability to engage, influence and collaborate across all levels of the organisation.
Your skills and experience will include:
- High level understanding of and experience with monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Ability to interpret and analyse both qualitative and quantitative program data and draw appropriate conclusions
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as International Development, Evaluation, Research or an associated technical discipline
- Deep understanding of the international development context and issues, but also understanding of Australian market needs and demand for greater evidence of impact
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan