The payroll officer is required to process fortnightly and monthly payrolls accurately and on time and transfer the payroll via ANZ Transactive.
This role engages with, assists and provides service excellence to all levels in the organisation in relation to a range of payroll related queries including systems related report requests and creation of position numbers and payroll codes. Completing month end is another critical part of this role, which includes reconciliation of Australian super and fund choice super. This role also prepares child support payments, month end reporting and in addition, works closely with World Vision’s salary packaging provider.
Your role plays an integral part in the organisation, enabling us to support our mission of empowering Australians to create meaningful change for the world’s most vulnerable children and adults.
In addition to this you will:
- Maintain a high level of customer service on a daily basis, ensuring all emails are responded to in a timely manner and PIPPA requests are completed within the SLA time
- Process all payroll aspects of employee terminations ensuring no termination payment is released until a termination checklist has been received
- Calculate and provide redundancy calculations to Business Partners upon request
- Process employee changes into the system on time and accurately
- Run General Ledger Interface after each pay-run and balance to file
- Process and Update the payroll, Creation and distribution of payslips for casual employees
- Assist the Payroll Manager in identifying and implementing new payroll process efficiencies
- Assist Manager by checking documentation required for compliance by governments (e.g. taxation information) and/or management
- Collaborate with senior Managers and key stakeholders of WVA to capture reporting requirements. Where requirements are complex, consider alternative solutions to provide the most effective solution
Who we’re looking for
This is a Part Time opportunity, 3 days a week (22.5hrs).
We are looking for someone with at least 3 years experience working with payroll system Chris 21/iChris whom has great interpersonal and collaboration skills.
You will have:
- Demonstrated strong computer literacy skills, e.g medium to advanced Excel, Word, email, employee kiosk.
- Knowledge of pivot tables, v look up’s and macro’s.
- Strong understanding of Salary Packaging methodology
- Knowledge of legislations Awards & EBA's
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Experience working in a high pressured payroll environment
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan