At World Vision Australia, our Fundraising Promoters are in a class of their own. You are responsible for achieving financial and non-financial targets in the Face- to- Face fundraising channel by engaging potential and existing supporters within shopping centres and other locations in a manner which encourages and enables long term loyalty.
You are the face of WVA, engaging with potential and existing supporters to build awareness of the work that we do in the field and encouraging Australians to join the fight against poverty and injustice around the world.
Your role plays an integral part in the organisation, enabling us to support our mission of empowering Australians to create meaningful change for the world’s most vulnerable children and adults.
Permanent Part Time Opportunities – 25 Hours Per Week + Salary Packaging Benefits
- Be a natural relationship builder - you enjoy interacting with people one-on-one and fostering relationships with people at different levels and from different cultures
- Experience in community engagement / fundraising for a not-for-profit organisation or other high paced sales environment
- The ability to achieve personal fundraising targets (Sales & Quality)
- Be open to learn & continuously improve your skills & knowledge via training/ongoing coaching
- Be available to work at different shopping centres and other locations across Brisbane
Who we’re looking for:
As the successful applicant, you will have Face-to-Face fundraising experience. You will be a confident communicator and are passionate about being a voice for the world’s most vulnerable children. You understand the need for urgent action and utilise your charisma to engage with a high volume of people from all walks of life to inspire them to pledge their support.
- You are a high-achiever and naturally driven by success both professionally and personally
- You are competitive, goal focused & driven to achieve daily KPI’s
- Proven experience working in fundraising, Face to Face Retail, or Sales
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels, adapting engagement style accordingly
- Have excellent communication skills, in order to develop compelling proposals that align to a prospective donor's interests
- The ability to adapt to varying work demands and to be flexible when required
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. World Vision Australia participates in the Inter-Agency Scheme for the Disclosure of Safeguarding-related Misconduct in Recruitment Process within the Humanitarian and Development Sector.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development, and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging and flexible working arrangements for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan