An exciting new opportunity has opened up for a Brand Communications Manager to join our team at World Vision Australia. This is a permanent full- time opportunity based at our Burwood East, Vic office or Sydney office.
As the Brand Communications Manager you are responsible for raising the profile of the World Vision Australia (WVA) brand and growing its Share of Voice, by generating earned media related to its key marketing campaigns, fundraising and products. You will have extensive experience and be an expert in Brand Reputation, Public Relations and will also manage World Vision’s Goodwill Ambassadors program.
This is the best role in communications available today, where your contribution can help change the lives of so many vulnerable children and adults across the globe.
Reporting to the Head of Media and Corporate Communications, you will be responsible for;
- Being a trusted advisor to senior management; you will bring World Vision Australia’s communications strategies to life and raise awareness of its Brand by generating interest in key Marketing initiatives, fundraising and community engagement programs
- Build and implement integrated media communications solutions in line with business strategy and across all key marketing campaigns, products, and events and more.
- Deliver considered communications advice and execution, spanning media and public relations, brand, issues and crisis management, stakeholder and community engagement and social media.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media, influencers, ambassadors, and lifestyle media. Develop the strategy and grow/manage partnerships for the World Vision Australia Goodwill ambassadors’ program that enable World Vision to extend brand reach and connect with core segments.
Your skills and experience will include:
- You will be a natural leader and an incredible storyteller who is equally as passionate about changing lives and tackling the big issues together with a talented team of communications experts.
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to produce clear and accurate communications that are appropriate for their intended audience
- Ability to work positively and effectively as part of a collaborative work team
- Senior level experience in a media communications role within a medium to large organisation, with a focus on brand.
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Journalism or related discipline.
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support, and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families. World Vision Australia participates in the Inter-Agency Scheme for the Disclosure of Safeguarding-related Misconduct in Recruitment Process within the Humanitarian and Development Sector.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development, and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible work arrangements, free-onsite parking and an onsite café.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan