The Business Process Analyst plays a critical role in helping senior management drive strategy execution – by designing new business models, streamlining and re-engineering existing business processes and providing support to change management. The role bridges the gaps between business strategy, enterprise architecture and business processes (implemented through systems, people and their individual job functions).
By working with stakeholders across the organisation you help drive business process change that will enable WVA to be uniquely positioned to create sustainable advantage, achieve the highest possible performance, and deliver superior value to Australians engaged and empowered to create meaningful change.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, compliance and process governance
- Conduct robust analysis of existing current state using techniques such as data analysis, observation, interviews, policy reviews etc…
- Evaluate employee needs, internal workflows and business processes
- Identify process inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement
- Present results and proactive recommendations as input into operational audits and process improvement initiatives across the organisation.
- Gather and define business requirements for change
- Constant communication between internal teams and leadership for client process improvement status, reporting, and execution
- Support project delivery as required e.g. gathering of requirements, current state mapping, future state design/mapping, change management
- Educating business users responsible for managing and operating business processes
- Act as a subject matter expert for processes and suggest and implement process improvements
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who is passionate about business process improvement and management and who has excellent stakeholder relationship experience.
You will have:
- Excellent understanding of business operations and procedures
- Knowledge of importance of process and sound commercial practice
- Clearly defined strategic thought process and continuous improvement mindset
- Strong product/ tools/ process knowledge
- Broad knowledge of work processes and quality system requirements.
- Awareness of the importance of data and key performance metrics
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with stakeholders and lead through influence and collaboration
- Great report writing and presentation abilities
- Ability to perform in a complex, high-stakes, fast-paced environment
- Business Process/Analysis/Process Improvement training/qualifications
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families. World Vision Australia participates in the Inter-Agency Scheme for the Disclosure of Safeguarding-related Misconduct in Recruitment Process within the Humanitarian and Development Sector.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan