Are you ready to become part of the Field Impact Leadership Team for World Vision Australia? You will play a central role in the implementation of the team’s strategy & business planning and delivery.
The Field Impact operational functions include generating grant revenue, meeting grant requirements, humanitarian emergency affairs, World Vision Australia’s Australia Program and engagement with field offices. These functions grow income and handle critical information that enables the organisation to deliver a quality supporter experience and ensures supporters are at the heart of all activity.
The purpose of this role is to enable our Field Impact teams to effectively deliver on its plans and business priorities. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to make a real impactful change to our internal teams to improve information sharing, regular engagement, and co-design of work.
This is a 12 month max term contract role
Key accountabilities include:
- The role will support the lead team with process mapping, business improvement, planning, reporting, compliance management, cross functional business engagement, team development and strategic projects.
- Assist in developing best practice operating environment for the team to do their day-to-day functions
- Ensure workflows of Field Impact teams are maintained, are fair and balanced and that outputs are delivered
- Develop effective systems that assist Field Impact engagement in procurement and delivery of marketing services
- Work with the Field Impact Chief, lead team and WVA Finance to plan and monitor yearly budgets, including business cases
- Facilitate business planning process in alignment with Field Impact and WVA planning and budget cycles
- Track and report progress against business plans
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in leading strategic projects and continuous improvement and transformation initiatives.
- Experience understanding organisational business processes
- Demonstrated ability to keep track of the big picture and identify potential areas of improvement
- Demonstrated partnering experience, and the ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated experience in assessing and ensuring proper use of resources towards achievement of business goals
- Postgraduate qualifications, or equivalent experience, in a relevant
- Six Sigma, Lean, and/or Project Management certification desired (Green Belt, Kaizen, TPS, PRINCE, PMP)
- Excellent strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
The selection process
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo all required pre-employment checks which is inclusive of a criminal record check. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support, and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families. World Vision Australia participates in the Inter-Agency Scheme for the Disclosure of Safeguarding-related Misconduct in Recruitment Process within the Humanitarian and Development Sector.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan