Come join a team that’s driving climate action on a global scale
World Vision Australia has a long history of delivering high-integrity and high-impact nature-based carbon projects, and is now progressing a strategy to scale up this work. WVA is implementing a wholistic strategy that includes building a pipeline of new high-integrity investment-ready projects; building the capacity of field teams to design and implement projects in alignment with relevant carbon methods and standards; and building sustainable investment and commercialisation pathways.
This work complements WVA’s ambition to scale up field programming that provides solutions to tackle climate change, while improving the well-being of the world’s most vulnerable children.
Your areas of responsibility:
- Provide comprehensive technical support to the implementation of carbon projects under WVA management, in compliance with carbon standards and methods, and in collaboration with key stakeholders and partners
- Support the design, registration and stand-up of new carbon projects by delivering or supporting foundational technical assessments, training and capacity building, and supporting the development of tools and resources for WV Field Offices and implementation partners
- Ensure that appropriate quality assurance, quality control, and Standard Operating Procedures for carbon projects are established, functional and adhered to, ensuring the high-quality completion of deliverables in accordance with methodological and standard requirements
- Conduct field visits where face-to-face engagement is necessary, to support compliance with applicable carbon standards, support program quality and field monitoring, and support of verification and validation processes
- Support business development and acquisition of new projects/programs
- Manage and oversee WVA’s carbon credit registry accounts and complete transactions as required
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for someone with 5+ years experience working on carbon projects, with a particular focus on the technical aspects of carbon standards and methods. You are a collaborator and work with stakeholders to achieve common outcomes.
You will have:
- 5+ years working in climate change mitigation, or nature-based solutions projects (highly desirable)
- Experience with CDM, Gold Standard and an understanding of Article 6 project requirements
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical support to a portfolio of projects in developing contexts
- Self-managed work experience, with ability to maintain focus and achieve outcomes under pressure
- Experience managing and working with external partners, contractors and/or consultants
- A people-centred coaching or mentoring attitude with a focus on building long-term capabilities and capacities
- Strong project management and facilitation skills
- The ability to work effectively across all levels in an organisation and with external partners
- A relevant degree in business development, management, international relations, international development, environmental science, or similar.
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better:
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process:
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo all required pre-employment checks which is inclusive of a criminal record check. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support, and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families. World Vision Australia participates in the Inter-Agency Scheme for the Disclosure of Safeguarding-related Misconduct in Recruitment Process within the Humanitarian and Development Sector.
Who we are:
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
World Vision Australia is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation that is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and communities by tackling the causes of poverty. We are dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people in line with our Reconciliation Action Plan